My previous post on Unitech was titled Any Given Sunday! It was about 11 weeks ago, in the second week of December 2010.Things seem to have taken a turn for the better, since.
This time I was accompanied by a neighbor of nearly 6 years. I had not known for as long that we shared the interest in New Town. For the purpose of this post, I will refer to him as T. His initial.
We drove down on a languid Sunday morning, making some stops on the way. We finally reached Uniworld City around noon. T was to be my passport to enter the secured environs of this city of what will be 68 larger than life towers, including Unitech Air – a cluster of 40 storied towers.
From a distance the skyline did not look like it had changed much at all. But a closer look did tell a slightly different story.
Following changes were noticed :
- The sewerage work seems to have taken off after being stalled for over a year.
- The approach road in front of Uniworld City is finally under construction.
- There seems to be more and more families who have come to live in at Uniworld City.
- And there are more who are in the process of moving in.
- Even though I do not have the official number, but about 20 families would be a fair estimate. Some times I can be dumb, or may be these are just tell tale signs of aging. It occurred to me later that I could have checked with the security guards on duty, to have a more accurate number.
- We spotted moving trucks during our visit, that tells me people are continuing to move in.
- Some basic stores (grocery, pharmacy and beauty salons) have already come up with in this settlement.
- All, encouraging signs these.
This almost looks like a shot from Lagaan, the movie !
We took a driving tour of the Unitech campus and captured it on video. Have a look.
Below are some more pictures that were taken of the unit we inspected and Uniworld City in general.
Following are some more pictures of the road that goes further down from Uniworld City. This road is to be at some point connecting to the E.M. By pass; near the Science City rotary or so I am told. Work seems to be going on at brisk pace.
The buildings in the horizon are those of the Uniworld towers. T confirmed that electricity, water (boring water), intercom service have all been provided to the flat owners, who have been handed over their units.
There was a lot more information that I would have liked to dig up and serve up here. We only had a couple of hours to spare this Sunday. So we had to leave them out for another day.
Hope you find this information useful. Should you have specific questions about Uniworld City or any other project in the vicinity. Please drop me an email at : firstname.lastname@example.org and I shall do my best.
And yes, just to clarify my stand. This is just a voluntary service, I do not work for Unitech or any of it’s group companies and have no vested interest in providing this information. Information is provided as is without any guarantees either :)